Wednesday 18 August 2010

I've been working on a collaborative project with a photographer friend (Kevin Rozario-Johnson www.images-everything.com) for the last 7 or 8 months. He has some amazing travel photography and we've been looking for a way to collaborate for some time. I had this crazy idea about dropping 8-bit game characters into the real world and seeing what affect they may have.. 

The result is an exhibition called 8-bitscapes (www.8-bitscapes.com). You can find all the details, and an image gallery on the site so I won't rant about the project as a whole here. Suffice to say there are currently 6 completed works on the site and 2 more currently in production. I would like to talk about the final two pieces however. Specifically, that i'm not quite sure what they are going to be yet.. I have chosen two of Kev's shots that I'd like to use and I've developed the basic content of the images but I'm a long way from nailing them to the wall in terms of both composition and mood. 

It's a tricky aspect of creating an exhibition. The final pieces in the puzzle that when seen as a group of images have a beneficial or (detrimental) affect on each other. Basically if I get these wrong, i potentially blow the whole project...

No comments:

Post a Comment